View Single Post
Old 11-18-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel
I used to agree with this. Then I realized that the VW TDI's are NOT selling cheaply at the dealers or even in the used market. I need to do my homeowkr, but I guess it works like this...

97 Jetta 2.slow gas motor - 83k, KBB.com (yeah yeah...) says $5,775

That same Jetta with the TDI = $6,550

Yeah, I used to think that people didnt like diesels, until I found what TDI's were going for - there **must** be a demand somewhere. I am on a local VW board and the guys that work at the dealer there are always commenting about TDI's flying out the door as soon as they come in. This could be due to the fact that VW isnt shipping enough over here, but even if it is...I belive that people are waking up...

(and VW doesnt need to be the only one selling diesels at MSRP...)

-John

I seem to recall that even in trucks, the same thing with a diesel engine is several grand more. that stands to reason that when resold, it will fetch a little more.

I think that people are getting those are into it for what it is. Also the fact there are a few people who would buy bugs and sell them for more than they paid for them says the same thing. I don't think people get them because they are diesel, rather because it is different tho
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow