Thread: bad lifters?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 07:11 PM

Question bad lifters?

First, thank you all who helped me last time with the info about work on taking the head off on 300 dt 87.
I finally assembled everything together, and the engine works but had some problems with one injector. After I replaced it from another engine that runs
good (car crashed), it works much better. While assembling the head I noticed that some lifters are soft under pressure and about 4 of them can be barely pressed at all. When car runs on higher rpm I hear a sound like something clicking and would like to change them, but can not find anybody that sells them.
The second question is gas pedal, when driving pressed it sticks and does not release for about 3 seconds. When engine is off it does not stick.
Third, can somebody tell me where is ALDA that I read so often about but can not find any reference in my book. (300dt 87).
Thank you all.
PS. This engine was leaking cooling into the cranckase and it was the reason I took the head off. It seemed to me that it was leaking on
the gasket. I expected cracked head (14) but no cracks were visible and I put a new gasket and now does not leak. There are stilla few of this little
problems before I can drive it.
Thank you all.