View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 10:33 PM
Unregistered Abuser

sweetness

10 hours or so into it, and I'm retiring for the night. I'm about 3/4 of the way done... one side compleatly done, the other side's taken apart, waiting for me to mess with the spring compresser

A few thing I HAVE to say are as follows...

Tie rod pullers scare the HELL out of me, I did the 2nd one, and this time it shot rust onto my safety glasses (didnt the first time, no glasses... )

I hate spring compressers, especially if all you have are a ratchet, and a wrench for them... DAMN hard work, and it never ends

Reason I dont own any, is because I'd make my own before spending $100 on a good USA set, and renting them is free, just put down a $40, or $60 deposit depending on what u need.

Compressed springs scare the hell outta me too... got one 3/4 of the needed compressedness (werd), and the cheap ass tiawan POS slipped, and the spring did a slinky manover... In my brilliance, I kicked it out of the garage, and slammed the door.

Waited an few minites , put on some glasses, and decompressed/repressed them, and they didnt slip that time

Current issues are...

Cotter pin's broken off in the tie rods... dammit...

Got one out, but the other one's not budging... I'm soaking it in liquid wrench... wish I wasnt out of PB...

Any ideas on it?

taking it in for an allignment on monday, or sunday night...

I was wrong on the price, checker didnt have the low quallity monroes, they had the stabletrak? ones... mid grade, $60ish each all said and done.

to do have them done at work, woulda been $200, plus a $55 alignment...

255-170ish (bought $10 in tools... so 160)
$95 for an assumed 13 hours of work (generious breaks included... mabey 7.5 hours of acual working)

95/7.5 is damn near $13 an hour, so I've been paying myself a little less then twice what I make at work ($7.25)

I quit, and I've been waiting a LONG time to say this, but...

I'm done for the day, I'm spending the rest of the evening drinking beer

Night all, any tips for the cotter pin would be appreciated

~Nate