View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Stella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoybaroo View Post
I am tuned! i want to hear about the 5-speed. this is a project i plan to tackle in the near future and following you through it would be great. I am mostly wondering what NEW parts i need to have on hand. Also, my trans will be coming from 280e, is it possible that i can use these driveshafts without any shortening? It seems om617 and m110 might sit at same depth in the bay.
First of all, welcome to the forum.

You know, this thread is pretty old; the last post to it was over 1 1/2 years ago so, you need to check out this thread: Conversion to manual

Sorry but, I don't have any complete answers about your particluar driveshaft because all my manual trannies and shafts came from diesels. But, FWIW, excepting the coupe, the back end of the shafts are all the same so I guess you could measure the length of the front segments and compare them. There's about 3/4" or so of adjustment allowable in the splined section.

Make sure you match-mark the segments before disassembling them so that they can be reassembled properly and preserve the balancing. If you have to fab-up a shaft, you'll need to balance it anyway.

Good luck!