View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
I take issue with the Tdi being "quieter, faster, and more efficient".

It is quiet enough, fast enough, and efficient enough, but i've had both.

In comparison the 190D turbo is a very quick car, rides nice, and the Jetta/Golf rides like a Corvette/truck. Depending on the year and mileage, the Tdi maintenance can be $$ also.

The 190D 2.5turbo is quiet, takes off from a stop with a smooth automatic transmission, and mine will get between 37mph and 42mpg highway (60mph and 75-80mph respectively) with a comfortable max. cruise around 120mph.

Yes they're a little hard to find, but there are some nice ones out there.

They gave me a new Jetta loaner at the stealership when my 4matic was in for a checkup, what a tin-can. I don't dislike VW btw, I've had 16 so far and currently have two here, plus an Audi, the Mercedes is much more trouble-free and parts are cheaper.

If you're near W. Michigan I'll happily show you around my 190D.

JMO
Yes, I wiould agree about the ride difference.........I'm using my 300D as comparison, but I've found MB cars to ride and feel better than almost any car so finding a good 190 D turbo version sounds like I'm interested for such........availability is my only obstacle it seems and with that I may not find one unless I want to travel far and spend big sooo I guess if unless one drops out of the sky in front of me I may end up with a TDI......we get spoiled with our MB's don't we?