Thread: caution to all
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:41 AM
MB, love..hate..love..

Not to belabour this thread, but I just got back from changing the battery in the family grocery-getter ('88 Mazda 929), about which #1 son (22yrs old) called in the middle of my favorite TV show last night to inform that the battery was totally dead due to his leaving the lights on for about 4 hours (temp is -21C). So I hear him ask if it would 'charge itself' if left alone? Nooooo, I said, and then proceeded to teach some 12V basics, many of which I learned on this forum and 2 others that I frequent.....Point is that if you compare forums like this, they are populated with a very diverse range of folks with all kinds of skill levels and age groups from all over the world. There is no way that anyone can describe this diversity accurately, and the same applies to the information shared. For my part, I have come to really enjoy helping others, and have been rewarded many times over from the knowledge provided to me when I needed it. Anyone remember when we had to get everything from hard copy? The internet is like nothing ever before IMO....and just because it's a Mercedes, doesn't change a thing. When it's not working 'right', I run to this forum for help and have never been disappointed.