View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 08:06 AM
dieselarchitect

value of 1912 pool table

I have this old pool table, weighs a young ton, came out of an old bar in a small town north of here. It is not pristine by any means but is in good servicable condition. The various parts have been replaced through the years with original style things. It has decent felt, the leather mesh pockets are all in decent shape and the wood is decent too.

I have looked on the internet and all the pool table dealers are very circumpsect about pricing.

I bought it about 18 years ago when the little pool hall bar restaurant laundormat closed in one of the little towns north of here. A fellow is interested in buying it and I have no idea what it is worth.

I think I paid two or twenty five hundred for it.

I suspect it is a brunswick but it lacks a label. It has a plate on the end listing all the patents up til 1912 though.

Tom W
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.