View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 10:11 AM
I'm thinkin, I'm thinkin.

Well, drove from Jersey to Texas with nary an incident...

I did say nary.. I left 7am Thursday am. My first stop was around 1pm for fuel and a break for myself and my dog. After 15 minutes or so, back into the car and switch the a/c on.... Bad news. Compressor seized. Luckily I switched it off quickly as to not chew up the belts. So what to do. I can't keep traveling in the 90+ degree heat and bake myself and the dog, so I sat at a rest stop in West Virginia til around 5:30pm. I figured I'd get the majority of travel done at night. So under the cloak of darkness, I follow the gps directions that my friend's system leads me on. Down thru Kentucky, Alabama down to I-20 and across Mississippi and Louisiana into Texas by noon Friday. I should be starting the new job on Monday, but in the mean time, I need to find someone in the D/FW area to replace my compressor,dryer, expansion valve and flush the system. I knew the previous owner had used a junkyard compressor. I just hoped it held out for the trip. Other than that, I averaged 27.6mpg for the trip and didn't burn a drop of oil.