View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 AM
therooftheroof is on fire

Set of 18" Mercedes CLS wheels (actually 2 sets)

Okay, as soon as the Roadster arrives I'm going to town on it. It'll be getting wheels/tires first, BUT the CLS wheels are a no-go with the Vogtlands. I know they'll scrape. In fact, I shaved a paper-thin piece of rubber off the drivers side front tire after hitting a BIG pot-hole in the road leaving the Benz Bash...at a "high" rate of speed. My 300CD took a deeper chunk out of the right front. I would officially say that the tires need to be replaced, but I've driven on them a good 1000 miles or so with no other trouble. The interference is the forward edge of the front fenders. Also, the prior owner of this set "ran aground" in an automatic car wash and curbed the passenger side wheels. It's noticable, but nothing that couldn't be painted over or repaired. It just didn't bother me enough to worry about it.

I'm running 5mm spacers on the rear wheels to clear the inner fender. I'm told that running a complete set of 18x8.5 (all fronts) will give you the clearance you need.

I picked up a second set with virtually no curb rash at all, but bald rear tires. I did this to run the full set of 18x8.5's. The rears on both sets are 18x9.5.

Fronts are 245/40/18 ET28 and rears are 275/35/18 ET33.

Here's a couple pics of them on my car:

I will get close up shots of the two sets so that everyone can see exactly what I'm talking about. If I don't see any interest by Thursday the first set will make it onto ebay. The second will follow that one. I don't have a problem of breaking up the sets so that someone can have a complete set of 4 18x8.5" wheels/tires. I'm sure I could sell off the 4 18x9.5's as a set for another vehicle or individually as spares.

'85 280GE...sold
'96 Impala SS ~ 6-speed 396
'14 Cadillac Vagon. . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise." - Hans-Peter Geerdes