View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Please, please, and please. Bush admitted the Guard let him leave early to attend Harvard. I saw him on TV say it with his own lips. The whole thing stinks. I've heard interviews with pilots who say it's almost unheard of for a pilot to be trained to fly a jet in the guard. The noraml way is to learn in the AF or Navy, and then semi-retire to the guard. Makes ample sense as it costs about $1 million to train a jet pilot. Our country paid for Bush's training so he could have a nice photo op, as it turns out.

The deceased colonel's secretary said the letter was a forgery but the information was correct. Oh wait, I forget, she's a democrat so she is invalidated as a witness.

Bush is a lightweight in all directions at once.
I got out of the navy a couple of months early.

How do you think I got out early? I worked a deal.

Early-outs are at the discretion and dependent upon the needs of the service. I lucked out. because I wanted to start the summer semester of college and my date of separation was July 13th. I filled-out a request, showed them the acceptance letter and my CLEP scores. They made a decision to let me out.

That is NO DIFFERENT from Dubyuh. I ain't nobody special. During that time lots of people were getting early outs. Especially if they were trained for equipment & systems that were being phased-out. Or like me, my ship was going to the Med for 6 months and it saved the Navy money not to have to fly me home.

Now that you know the system and how it works, you might cut the guys some slack.

Probably not.

B