View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
WECO Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk300e View Post
I have read many threads about the same thing. And now its hapening to my 89 300e.
Low idle.
Stalls at lights.
Rough cold start
abs light on.
At first I was told that it could be the cold start valve and a few threads confirmed that that could be the issue. Now however I have seen some poastings that say it could be the ovp relay. This seams like it also be a likley problem ass well. Oh and the abs light is on.
I love my car and I want to fix her myself. However I dont have the money or time to fix phantom problems. And judging by some of the posts that I have read I dont want to trust a mcanic to fix my problems. or at least try fail and charge.
Hey you guyes colectivly know a hell of a lot more than me so any help would be much appreciated.

If the ABS light stays on, check the OVP relay. First, check the fuse on top of the OVP relay. Also, check that the OVP relay is fully seated into the socket. If problem still exists, then you will probably need to replace the relay.

To bench test: Ground on 31 and Battery on 15, relay operates. Then, with battery applied to 30, 12v should appear on pin 87E and 87L.

1993 190E 2.3
2001 SLK230
1971 LS5 (454) Corvette Convertible