View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 08:02 PM

Your dad had good taste in cars! I had a 1972 Electra 225 Custom in 2001-2002. I regret selling it. It had the rare fingertip wiper control option. One neat thing about these old cars is that back then, you ordered what options you wanted. You did not have to take "option packages" like you do now. I have even seen some of these Electras of this era without power windows, power locks and even one without A/C! (It was a northern car). Very rare to see one like this, as most were loaded. In 71-73, they made a base Electra, an Electra Custom and the top of the line Electra Limited. Mine was the Custom model. I sold it to a man in Rock Hill South Carolina for only $1800!

Here is a photo of my car in the driveway (does not even look the same now) in the year 2001.
The interior was still showroom mint condition and the car did not have one speck of rust- anywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMBDiesels View Post
He always drove Electra 225s. Got a new one every year as he did a lot of traveling for his sales job. I remember the ones from 1970-75 very well. The 71 was an awesome car. It was huge and powerful plus it was fancier than most people's houses inside! Same goes for the 72-76 only each year had more emission control crap and less HP. Then came the big downsize of 1977...