View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 01:12 AM

Not the right forum to find a mechanic for hire. A lot of DIY types lurk here and one in your area might be interested in some extra income. You are listing a lot and I would think even non shop rates might exceed the fair market value of the car.

If you don't drive it and you can't DIY, why not sell it to one of the forum members here that would appreciate and take care of it?

If it is a rust free, one owner, with documented maintenance and repair records it may be just what a forum member would want.

You might also try your local Craig's list but that would be more risky than this forum to find a person that knows how vs. a wannabe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blloyd7 View Post
Hey
Sorry if this isn't the correct forum.

I need some minor maintenance done on my 1987 300TD. W124
Live in Alexandria VA / DC Metro.

I haven't driven it much in the last several years. I've had it a long time and can't let her go.

My long time mechanic hired a new tech, I don't really like him. He broke more than he fixed.
I have a Haynes manual for reference if you need it.
Need work as follows:

Transmission service, drain including bell housing and new filter etc. Adjust vac to transmission.
Fuel filters...main and secondary...R&R
Right front corner R&R...dump truck...rock...enough said.
Secondary water pump is weeping a bit...R&R this if it is something you can do.
RR passenger window doesn't want to stay up, falls an inch or so...no clue why.
AC system check...R134 conversion 7 years ago...seems to work OK but not great.

A few other odds and ends if you want to fiddle with them. Cool if you don't.
Adjust the sun roof...all new cables and tubes done 7 years ago. Needs lube and the springs for the deflector. PITA I know.
Shock tower bushing driver side...R&R... Once again OK if you want..cool if you don't.
RF dash speaker...R&R... Once again OK if you want..cool if you don't.

I'm not cheep I just don't want to pay shop rates for a car that I never drive.

Get in touch with me and lets talk about it.

specialmailaccount33@gmail.com