View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Linesider

I'm going through a similar situation with my pickup truck right now. It was parked in my fathers condo. parking lot (we were having lunch) and a drunk driver smashed into the back of the truck. $5,000 damage. He was an uninsured motorist because he had received a DUI back in March and his Ins. Co. dropped him. So, my insurance co. has to pay for all the damage and I have to pay the friggin deductable. My insurance co. came back telling me they were going to total it. I said no way! This is unacceptable. I put a lot of time and effort finding this truck and it was in perfect "hop in and Drive to Alaska" condition. That was over a week ago. The truck is in the shop now getting fixed.

Don't let the insurance co. bully you around. If they are unwilling to work with you see if you can make a deal to buy the car back with some money involved to do the repairs. I was ready to do this but I got lucky and did not have to fight.

That really sucks man. I feel your pain. Be sure you contact the other parties insurance co. personally, get a claim # to get things rolling and then give the info. to your insurance co. (names, phone #'s, claim #, etc...) so everything goes smoothly. Hopefully it will all work out for the best.

1985 300D (SOLD)