View Single Post
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by santarosa View Post

I suspect the hard starting is a fuel problem. Both fuel filters have been replaced about 20K miles ago. If there is air in the line, the engine would run poorly, but it does not run poorly. It runs well after started.

I think I conclude that it may still be fuel filter issue. May have to replace fuel filter again. Has anyone here replaced fuel filter inside the fuel tank?

Any feedbacks are appreciated. HArry
How well do you consider well to be? I've known people who had their motor mounts completely shot, dirty filters..and they never thought anything of it.

There is a chance that your shut off lever is not fully up. This could cause rough starts but seem ok later on. I just replaced some vacuum hose to the vac reservoir (the line coming off of the brake booster line) and my car starts amazingly now (and I thought it was good already) It also shuts off immediately when I turn the key off.
No shakes or stumbles whatsoever, and by now (29 degrees tonight) it would have been stumbling for a few seconds after starting...and the line seemed perfectly fine, too! As they say, the slightest leak will still cause a problem.

..it's worth a look! And yes, air in your fuel lines WILL cause less than ideal idling and starting. I just won that battle recently as well.
Past: 1987 300D - 264k