View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcphee View Post
Eeesh.... why can't we get the excellent economy engine stuff in less-luxo wrappers?
I think this is exactly why we're talking about this gasser in the diesel forum. The SD was the only luxo car ever made with fuel economy in mind. there are bound to be comparisons between this hybrid and the SD lineup.

I really like the idea of a luxury car with the focus on economy. especially one thats built to last. I really love the fact that my grandmother bought the SD. its very nice, she got her moneys worth driving it for 16 years. then the car was still nice enough, reliable enough, and nice enough on fuel that it was able to passed to my dad for 2 years and then on to me for the last 9 years. I think that makes the car well worth its luxury price tag. and makes the car more of an investment... and isn't that the point of this article, the car paying you back as a form of an investment.

Sadly I'm not sure Hybrid technology can take the abuse that 27 years of driving puts on a car.