View Single Post
Old 08-15-2002, 06:09 AM
Certified diesel nut

Thumbs up

Ryan, it's too bad that neither of you are living in California. I found a phone service where you pay a flat rate of $25 a month for unlimited in-state calling (I believe that it's $50 if yo're calling out of state, but the originator has to be in CA). It played a crucial role in keeping my current relationship together.

I actually met my current girlfriend over AOL Instant Messenger. Don't worry; we met in person before getting "together". She lived about 5 hours away from where I live. It took a lot of stamina to maintain the relationship, with numerous factors (including a "friend" of hers who was desperate enough to break us up that he was actually caught red-handed trying to steal some things I had given her, at one point {she no longer talks to him}), but we've been together almost 2 years now. And she actually decided to move up here for college; she's been living with me and my mom for nearly a year now.

In essence, the other two responders have made great points, and I agree with them. Just remember that it can be done. Heck, 2 hours is nothing.

As John Lennon put it, "All you need is love" If you keep the love strong (as others have said, communication is the key with a long-distance relationship), you will get through the college years.

Good luck!
Previous oilburners: 1980 IH Scout, 1984 E-350, 1985 M-B 300D, 1979 M-B 300SD, 1983 M-B 300D
Spark-free since 1999