View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 Diesel View Post
I had this guy tell me that the 601, 602, 603 motors are junk and the 617 are the best ever. He asked me if I saw a 601, 602, 603 motor with 1 million miles? He said that he has only seen a 617 with 1 million miles. My question is, has anyone ever seen or have 1 million miles on there 60x motor? This guy was making me mad! I know that the 60x motors are not junk. So lets hear it guys, have you?
There are damn few OM 61X engines with a million, and when you consider the number of them produced it is a tiny fraction of the total.

Considerably less OM 60X family engines have been produced so it is likely that the actual number rather than a percentage of a total will exist.

I personally own two driver OM603's with over 370K and a OM602 that just turn 375K the 602 has never had the head off and has the original transmission. The 603's both had their cylinder heads replaced but only because I wanted to, the original heads where both fine, I've got a couple other 603 engines all with 250K with original cylinder heads.

I think you'll more likely find high milage OM60X engines in europe as there where just more in shear numbers put on the road there, statisticly it is more likely that a number of the "anti-lemon" very good engines are to be found there.

I think there is at least one forum member with a 500K+ OM603 but I can't recall who that is off the top of my head.