View Single Post
Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerH860 View Post
I'll be gone a week and will be checking intermittently. My girlfriend of nearly 2 years dumped me yesterday, citing part of the reason was being on the computer too much while she was around. I would have cut back (hell I would have tossed the laptop out the window if it would have made a difference) but she didn't even give me the chance. There were other reasons, such as her thinking the cars are more important than her, but I didn't get the chance to even try and be more accommodating or correct any behavior. The conversation can be summed up as "its not me, its you." Certainly stings.

Things are sort of upside-down right now and I'm re-evaluating everything. I had doubts/concerns but I was comfortable and cared deeply about her. I did not see this coming; when she called saying "we need to talk" my first thought was I knocked her up. We had a great weekend together, or so I thought.

I'm picking up a 2001 Jaguar XJR in Atlanta and driving it to the Amelia island concourse in Florida. Then I make a Southern run stopping in Destin, FL, New Orleans, LA, and Paris, TX.

Lot's of things to think about. There's really nothing keeping me here in Wichita, and all my friends had the good sense to move away from here to somewhere else with more to do. I find myself going out of town almost once a month just to get away for some activity. That's not a sustainable pattern, and changing locations to a place where good friends live and there's plenty of local activities to choose from was something I always fantasized about. I can do what I do pretty much anywhere, but that may change as well. Thankfully I have a long stretch of road to think about things and listen to a few books on tape.
Ring me up and stop by if you like, Tyler.

It's tough being independent, calling all the shots - I live where I want to live, go where I want to go globally, and of course I buy whatever I want to buy - but it works for me. I wouldn't trade it for an incompatible partner for almost anything - and I can't be bought, 'cause I certainly don't need the money, so that wouldn't work on me.

Take care!