View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna5354 View Post
The 1999 210 has recently gotten louder @ idle. Neutral or drive makes no difference. Sounds like the engine/trans is under load, or higher idle. Idle speed is about 550 indicated.
Listening under the hood, no discernable/identifible noise to me, but with a stephscope I am getting a ticking sound near the front of the block.

I am wondering if the vac pump is the source. With 250K miles, is this an expected replacement intervial ?? I would perfer to replace, prior to the grenade. Is this a problem with this 606 engine.

Second problem with gearshift not returning to Park postion, still working on this, after removing console, shifter module and removing a small "ball-chain" key ring from within.
I had the same sound with my engine, and it turned out to be the belt tensioner shock up front. It looked fine, but apparently the rubber bushings were worn and allowed metal to metal contact. It sounded like a bad lifter in a gas engine. Replaced the shock, and all is well. The sound was only heard at idle.