View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM
beater w123 afficionado

Ever seen this kludge?

Hey peach parts, ive been lurking your forums for a few years now, to help me out with my 1984 300d turbo, my first car. Just wanted to say thanks for the help you have been unknowingly providing this budding w123 enthusiast. My parents are piss poor, couldnt afford to help me buy it, I flipped burgers for years just to afford it. $2000 seemed like so much back then. Now i've got at least that much in parts in the two years i've owned it. I'm not a man of means, but I love my car and do whatever is necessary to keep her going. For this reason, benz purists might see my car as an abomination. And I kind of agree, but for the most part, just kludge the hell out of it, and dont care as long as she gets me there. anyways, I figure im twenty three now, time to grow up and register, so I can list off my kludges abd imagine you guys chuckling laugh track style in the background. Here goes...So after pulling the instrument cluster to chase down the obligatory oil leak, I noticed the leak was coming from the oil pressure unit, and not the cable. So sick of oily shoes, I took a mini vise grip to the oil line, engine side, propped it up against the break booster, and pinched it off till I could get a part number for the cluster unit. Been driving like that just fine for a week or so. Can I expect any negative effects other than no pressure readout? Also, anyone know what that thingy is called?