View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 11:32 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
I have pulled 4-spd manual transmissions from under the car. those weigh around 54lbs.

A automatic trans weighs far more, I know I don`t want to be under it and have it coming down on me unless my name is Arnold and was Governor.

I would just pull the eng and trans and seperate once out of the car. PNP has Gantry Crains ( A frame on wheels) to lift the engines out. I have pulled around 4 engines by my self in the yards.
PNP does not allow jacks in the yards.

Hack saw to cut out the front cross piece (radiator support)
Razor Blade knive to cut hoses
Bolt cutter/Dykes to cut through wiring
Pliers/ screw drivers
Socket set.
Channel locks to loosen center nut on DL.
Open/box wrench set.

The transmission X mount has 4 17mm bolts holding it to the body. and there are 2 14mm nuts holding the trans mount to it. (could be 13mm)

The engine mount bolts take a 8mm hex bit

By loosening the center nut on the DL, it should seperate at the splines when pulling out the engine then remove it once on the ground.
Other wise you have to remove the bolts at the Flex Disk on the rear of the Trans. and those could be 15mm, 17mm, and some are a hex bit 8mm? and 15 or 17mm.

Before undoing anything, remove the black cover plate on the bottom of the Bell Housing, rotate the Torque Convertor to line up the 6 13mm bolts that hold it to the FW. they are in 3 groups of 2. you can rotate the conv. by using a prybar/large screwdriver through the slotted vent under the Bell Housing.

Probably forgot something here but a quick rundown.

I don`t know the milage on the 82, the spedo was gone. so it is a crap shoot as to the condition of the trans.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works