View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 PM
GemstoneGlass

MURDER at the boneyard

I was looking over the local PnP for stuff. I was walking to the exit and i look over and see a 300TDT in the crushing area. They accidentally left the gate to the restricted area and i snuck over to peek.
its a Euro model with tow hitch, Well I saw it had the key in it. I turned it and it started. It ran smooth. I think to myself I wonder when they will put it out for picking.
I go to the checkout and ask when. They're clueless. So i go sneak back to grab the floor mats and cruise on. "Oops I forgot the rear ones". I go back again and look the thing over again. This time one of the operators sees me and stops. He tells me, " you cant get anything off this car.' I ask "when will it be out in the yard", and he tells me "its being crushed". "Whaat" I said. "it came from the state" ,he says. Meaning its part of the California smog clunker program. They buy cars for $500 and send them to the crusher. The guy showed me a old ford fiesta that the state probably payed the same amount for as the Euro 300tdt with tow hitch and running euro td engine, and ABS. cloth interior cream color.
At least he let me have the floor mats as dirty as they were.
What a shame!!!

Chris
84 280sl
82 300d euro