View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Need Real time help - hosed up my brakes

The calipers and hoses showed up for my brake job on my SDL so this morning I started by removing the old caliper (Passenger side) and the rubber hose - no issues.

Since the fluid was almost black in the reservoir, I sucked up most of it with a syringe leaving about 1 inch on the bottom then proceeded (with the rubber hose completely disconnected from the caliper) to pump the brake pedal to pump out all the old dirty fluid out (rear passenger side). It was coming out for a while (about 20 pumps) and then it just stopped!

It was pumping out air for a long while so I connected the new caliper to the new hose, connected rubber tubing to the bleeding screw and proceeded (with a helper) to pump, it was spurting out lots and lots of air, then it stopped spurting air all together and the fluid too - now nothing is coming out no matter what I do! I can't get my head around this: the reservoir has always been full of fluid - never ran out but nothing is coming out the other end except air now and then - do I have a clog somewhere!?

What did I hose up?!
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser - 3X locked; 182K

Last edited by MercFan; 11-03-2012 at 02:33 PM.