View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 02:15 PM

1984 performance issues.

Ok I recently got a 1984 300d turbo for $935. I have been having issues with the fact that I only seem to have power when I have the pedal to the floor with my leg muscles pressing it down quite hard. Even then my power is not that great. (I also have a noticeable lag between pedal application and power showing up but I am thinking that may be due to it being a diesel.)

Just put a replacement vacuum pump on it due to the fact that the old one was not working (It came out in pieces. I was glad I did not try to order a rebuild kit.)

I went to clean out the banjo bolt and found that it is tied directly to the alda rather than going through the switchover valve. I went ahead and cleaned it although it was not plugged. Had some very sticky tar on it. After I did so I hooked a meter I had bought for the vacuum system up to that line. See below for a youtube video of the results.
Video from My Phone - YouTube
Here is a pic of the gauge so you can see the scales.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36703262/2013-04-15-039.jpg

Is that anywhere near what I need to be? I doubt it is so what do I need to check next? I have also changed fuel filters.