View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Hi,

My mechanic finally did the job about a month ago. He resealed the pump, flushed the circuit, changed the fluid and I sourced him an almost new used reservoir that was also changed.

When I picked the car I was really happy with the results, and you could see that the rear of the wagon was visually at a correct level (notably higher than before even after staying parked for days, maybe he also regulated the valve in the rear when he did the job).

The next day I drove the car for around 70 miles stopping for a couple of hours in the middle of the ride and when I got back I left it parked for 2 or 3 weeks just to see if after so long the rear sagged again and the reservoir was leaking again.

After those three weeks without moving or starting the engine, I couldnīt see any drop of fluid out of the reservoir, in the floor or in the engine bay (I checked it) and the fluid was to level. But then, next day I took the car for a small ride (two or three miles) and parked it again and when I came back to where it is parked again four or five days later it was a mess. The floor and the engine bay had a good amount of fluid (blackish) and the reservoir was completely full and leaked through the dipstick hole in the upper part of the reservoir. Also the rear was a little lower than when was parked for so long just after four or five days.

I donīt know what can have gone wrong so suddenly after the initial success. The mechanic used the MB kit and I sourced him the rest of the O-rings (even different measures to choose the proper ones from) when he did the job.

Any advice of what to do now?

Iīm a little pissed. I thought I had solved the problem after having it parked for so long without leaks after beeing driven, and now Iīm not sure if I should try to rebuild the pump again or try to get another used one that could give the same problems, or what to do (I am aware a new one is around 1.000 $ or so, and at that price Iīll have to find another solution).

I have to say that the current pump looks fine from the outside and doesnīt leak from its body. Itīs just what I described, engine oil getting to the SLS circuit, topping the reservoir and leaking badly to the floor.

Any help would be really appreciated

Greetings
Ik1

Last edited by ik1; 05-13-2013 at 02:53 PM.