View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
User title not in use

Hmm. Some thoughts.

If you are down in Texas regularly, then I would definitely look there also. If MI is like New England at all, then most cars will have some rust somewhere. Of course, since you are looking for a pristine car, that will have a higher chance of showing up just about anywhere rather than in a specific region. A bad interior is not necessarily a reason to turn down an otherwise nice car, as swapping in a pristine interior is a relatively clean & easy job that can be done in pieces for >$1000 in parts.

How much work are you willing to do? Are we talking difficulty or time expended? Your costs will definitely go down as you do more yourself . I'm assuming that maybe 40% of shertex's expenses are due to using a mechanic.

How familiar are you with these cars? I'm assuming that you know something about these because you are not considering a 350SDL . Does a #14 head mean anything to you?

These cars are awesome, and if you want to and can reasonably put yourself into one, that would be great. We'll always here to help!

I know that Brian will ask you, but do you have a second vehicle?
"Senior Luna, your sense of humor is still loco... but we love it, anyway." -rickymay ____ "Your sense of humor is still loco... " -MBeige ____ "Señor Luna, your sense of humor is quite järjetön" -Delibes

1982 300SD -- 211k, Texas car, tranny issues ____ 1979 240D 4-speed 234k -- turbo and tuned IP, third world taxi hot rod

2 Samuel 12:13: "David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” And Nathan said to David, “The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die."

Last edited by Mölyapina; 12-02-2013 at 11:00 PM.