View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusme View Post
Hello again, hope you've healed up properly. I have a complete OM603 3.0L that I doubt I'll get around to using before selling all the cars off. I've done the 300SDL to 350SDL swap in 5 cars, and have 2 myself, no issues. In your case, I would use the better improved head off your engine on it since you already have a 3.5L. If you need it, just let me know. Was the connecting rod and piston I sent you straight? It didn't appear bent when I checked it.

I also have a few 3.5L's. One block I'd say is eggshaped as a guess. But the one I sent you the piston and rod from had a premature turbo failure, so I would assume that block is fine. So, with what I have, you could go a couple different directions.

Anyway, hope you've been well. Take care.
How many miles on the one that had the turbo fail, if you know. How much do you want for the block? I'm not sure if all these 3.5's have egg shaped cylinders. Want to do this right to put it and rebuilt tranny in the pristine 91 and have a "new" car. I can do all the rebuild labor my self but trying to figure what new parts to put in is a bummer. Nural makes updated pistons if they ever get shipped to this country. Or could use the old pistons. My 90 "rod bender" has 270K and still running fine but burns a qt of oil every 800 miles. Trying to balance money with good rebuild. Being retired has it's drawbacks. And at my age for as little as the car will be driven, I may have only 100K left on me. Doing well recovering from knee replacement, hip replacement, and hernia repair in a year and half but it takes a lot out of you. My wife is going in for female/gastro intestinal repairs next Tuesday. Your prayers would be appreciated. Thanks for thinking about us