View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnmelissa View Post
New here guys, so please be easy.
After 6 months of looking I purchased a 1987 300TD Wagon. I purchased it last week running great. The shutoff valve wasn't working properly (tested with a mightyvac tester) and it would not hold vaccum. I took the manifold off, only replaced the shutoff valve. (I tested with my mightyvac to ensure I installed properly to avoid "wide open" throttle scenario with improper seating) I put everything back together, and not it will not start. I thought it had something to do with not installing the ALDA properly, but i took it off this morning without removing the manifold, and it still will not start. Last night when I was trying to start it, it was smoking unburned fuel out of the exhaust. This morning it doesn't seem to be doing that, but I may just not be noticing it as much. Also, I cracked one of the injectors and fuel is coming out, but it surely doesn't seem very pressurized. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

The Fuel won't be pressurized because the Injector is not hooked up and in actuality not a lot of Fuel is Injected.

If you can reach it without having to remove anything disconnect the Vacuum Line that goes to the Vacuum Shutoff to see if it will start. Just incase a line got connected wrong.

How is your Cranking Speed and are the Glow Plugs working?