View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
Looks like a nice 240D. The only issues with it is that it's pretty well wore out. A mercedes benz shop owner told me sometime back, that the life of them is about 300.3 k miles. The motors just don't last much longer than that he told me. I would venture to say it is actually worth about 2 to 2.5 k in value. It is worth more than that to you, and you will probably want to just keep the car. Plus you can snag a pretty nice car under 100 k for 7.5 k. Milage does make a difference with the majority of people even, if the car is 31 years old. This is only my opinion, and I have only been around mercedes for the last 14 years, as such!
meh, i wouldnt put that shop owners artificial cutoff on mileage above the collective experience of all the high mileage cars on here personally. my 83 240 is past 370k, runs like a top. mileage is irrelevant compared to maintenance. the wifes 300TD is at 340k, and is better running than most of the 617s ive owned. i bought it off a guy who really cared for it.

however, i agree on the price. there is really a limit to how much you can really ask for a car past the 300k mark, no matter how nice or well maintained, its still had a lot of use.