View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 11:44 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I actually just started this job tonight and got as far as taking the vac pump off. Had to remove the radiator because onw of the allen bolts was stripped holidng the pump in place and I could not get it out without having to remove the radiator.

The question that I had was when timing the IP pump I wanted to make sure that I have everything correct. What is confusing me is that I have to bring the engine to the proper 15 degreees. There are 2 aspects to this. Point 1. What is logical to me is that the ration between the engine and the pump should be 2:1. Now how do I know which cylce is the injection cycle to set my pump to? I saw a couple of marks on the chain sprocket when you open the oil cap, but neither one is visible when I set the engine at 15 degrees. I wonder if the entire timing chain is timed correctly. Should there be a mark on a sprocket to let me know which 15 degrees is correct for the injection cycle.

Point 2: The timing is set at 15 degrees after TDC. When you looking at the flywheel which way is after TDC. Is it 15 degrees to the left of TDC or to the right of TDC?