View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkr View Post
I just finished this job and have a few pointers:

- A stubby 19mm wratcheting wrench would be really great to pull the turbo return line banjo. In fact, I ordered one just after completing the job as I recall thinking the same thing about a hard to reach bolt on the differential.

- I was able to get to the front allen bolt by kneeling on the front bumper over the engine which means I didn't need to life the engine.

- Kent from ************** recommends using zip ties to attach the bottom two holes on the gasket and then tightening bolts from the top and then cutting the zip ties once the gasket is aligned. I did that and it worked. I did not use any gasket sealer.

- I had some trouble with connecting the bottom oil cooler line. I fixed it by loosening the tensioner several times (10mm bolt I believe with two extensions) and that gave me the vertical play I needed in order to connect the bottom oil cooler line.

Dkr.
The Old School Way (back as far as My Dads 1947 Trade School Manuals) is to use String or even Thread to hold a Gasket on.

Either is easier to cut then a Zip Ties but if you for get to cut the String/Thread it can be the cause of a leak.