View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 10:03 PM

Do I really need to spend $180 to seal my sun roof

300SD sunroof drips when it rains. I came out today after a rain and a book left on the passenger seat was soaked. The carpet behind the front passenger seat is wet. Driving around a corner while it was raining and water dripped from the front edge of the closed sun roof.

My understanding was that the drains would carry any water away. That doesn't appear to be the case. I recently made sure that the drains were clear by using a small drain auger from HF.

Only 2 brands of seals are available on this site - Genuine Mercedes (pricey) and URO (worthless).

Will new seals take care of the problem? Could it be anything else? I like my sunroof and am not going to follow the thread discussing silicone sealing it closed.

Edit: What's the sun roof stay for in this link? http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperCat/3338/MBZ_3338_BDYSUN_pg1.htm#item0
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.