View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 09:33 AM

The side seals look like very worn felt. There doesn't appear to be a rear seal. The front rubber looks intact. I'll try the PS fluid & stop leak. I'll also remove the roof again and flush the drains with water and do a more detailed review of the leaks. I've had the roof removed several times and the process has become easy.

Another question came to mind. I've cleaned and lubed the slides and the roof seems to move freely but sometimes still hangs. I remember reading about a clutch or other adjustment at the motor. It seams that there was a measurement perhaps with a spring scale which I don't currently have. What's the practical way to make the roof open and close with the motor. I obviously don't want to pul too hard on the cable and damage it or the motor. (84SD)
85SD 240K & stopped counting painted, putting bac together. 84SD 180,000. sold to a neighbor and member here but I forget his handle. The 84 is much improved from when I had it. 85TD beginning to repair to DD status. Lots of stuff to do.