View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 08:44 PM

You've got other problems like a corroded ground. This seems to be a common problem on W210. In another post, someone lost engine computer operation. I'm pretty sure the grounds in question are on the passenger and driver side under the hood.

I'd unplug the ABS pump as well to see that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharias View Post
Dash warnings (lights on left side and center display warning) for ABS and brake assist illuminate after startup.

With a stationary wheel, the sensor does not know that the ABS ring is cracked or even missing. The sensor is a wire wound round a magnet so a AC wave is generated while the wheel it turning. Worst case the wire is broken, however, this would just trip a circuit open code.

Quote:
Stability control illuminates as soon as the car moves a few feet.

A cracked ABS ring could cause this but considering all the other issues I'd hold off on the ring for now.

Quote:
Drivability symptoms (usually occur separately, though loss of drive and loss of power did happen together once)

Loss of engine power would be the traction control pulling throttle out of the engine.

Quote:
- sudden loss of drive (car goes into neutral)

The 722.6 trans will revert to 2nd gear in limp and not go to neutral even if you unplugged the trans electrical connector. The only way a false neutral might occur is if the line pressure solenoid drove pressure low but I don't know if line pressure will actually go that low.

Quote:
- car sticks in a gear, won't shift up or down

This would be the trans in limp, the last gear commanded is where the trans sits until engine stops.