View Single Post
Old 02-02-2004, 10:50 AM
S124 owner

A Ridiculous eBay policy!

Okay, let's say I want an item on eBay but I forgot to bid while it was still running. The item recieved no bids, thus no winner. So I email the seller and ask to purchase it OUTSIDE of ebay, so we don't have to wait another 7 days and he doesn't have to pay to relist.

THAT'S against the rules!!!!

Basically eBay forbids sellers to sell items to people if they were ever listed on their site.

Here's eBay's explanation. What do you think?
--------------
Offers to Buy or Sell Off-Site

eBay prohibits email offers to buy or sell listed items outside of the eBay site. Offers of this nature circumvent eBay's fee structure and are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers. Some examples of off-site offers include:

Using information obtained through eBay to offer to buy or sell a listed item off-site.
Canceling a listing to sell to a buyer who became aware of the item through eBay.
Ending a listing early to sell the item at a higher price to the winning bidder.
Offering to sell an item to a bidder in a Reserve Not Met listing.
Offering to sell duplicate or additional merchandise underbidders.

It is acceptable for sellers to end a listing early in order to sell an item at the current bid price to the high bidder. Bidders are permitted to contact sellers with requests to end a listing early; however, sellers are under no obligation to do so.

Although off-site offers are not permitted, sellers may be able to sell items to underbidders by sending a Second Chance Offer.

http://i.imgur.com/BdZ7jM3.png