View Single Post
Old 07-21-2005, 04:01 AM

300E Tool Question for you MB Techs

Can one of the MB techs here tell me which is the correct tool for removing the rear subframe bushings on a 300E? The two pictured here are made by Sir Tools and there seems to be some confusion as to which is which. On the S-T site, the same tool (the one I've listed as an M 0079) is labeled as both an M 0079 and an M 0087, but only the one labeled as the M 0079 is in the current MB tools listing. They're both listed as being for the FRONT rear subframe bushings. Some tool companies, such as ZDMAK Tools , list both of these tools using the exact same description, but different prices, for both. Can anyone straighten this out and tell me which one is correct or preferable to do the best job?

Also, what about the REAR rear subframe bushings? Do they need a special puller/installer or are they easily replaced by hand or with simple tools?

The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering buying the tool for doing the job on my own car and then making the tool available on a rental basis for other forum members if I can drum up enough interest to make it worthwhile. If you're reading this and think you might be interested in renting the tool, please drop me a pm or email.

Thanks,

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
300E Tool Question for you MB Techs-metal-clad-bushing-tools-88.jpg