View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanpatrick
thank you for answering. the problem is: the central locking doesn't work when I close the driver's door. To close the car I've to lock every door in dividually.In that situation when i unlock the driver's door nothing happens until I start the engine and then all the doors became unlocked slowly.
thanks J.P.
These are classic symptoms of a vacuum leak someplace in the door locking system. This is a diagram for a w123:

http://www.ultrahot.com/vacuum/interlock_system_layout_1_0203.jpg

but the principle is the same. There is a valve in the drivers door that provides vacuum to either the "open" or "close" vacuum systems when the door is locked/unlocked. Each of the other doors (as well as the trunk and fuel door on a w123) has an actuator with two vacuum lines connected to it. There is also a vacuum tank that provides an inventory of vacuum when the engine is not running. In my experience, the most likely leak location is one of the door actuators or a loose vacuum line someplace. There are some threads here on troubleshooting vacuum leaks. The last time my w123 did this, I just pulled apart all the doors until I found the leaky one (crude but effective). I'm sure you will find more elegant solutions if you search on 'vacuum leak.'