Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion > Diesel Performance Tuning

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 169
chip upgrades for 1999 E300 turbodiesel

My 1999 turbodiesel E300 is such a great engine. I drove this car till 2007 then handed it down to my various children and it survives still. My youngest has it now.
I drove it over the weekend for the first time in maybe 6 years and was so impressed
So I plan to get the fender rust removed and have it repainted and plan to keep it in the family.
When I do the body I'd like to experiment with engine upgrades
Is there any plug in chip upgrades for this engine that can boost HP a bit?
Nothing crazy, maybe another 30 hp or so.
Also I hear of injection pump tweaks that add power. The Brits do a lot with of this stuff.
Any advice is appreciated
thanks


jz
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-09-2017, 07:12 PM
engatwork's Avatar
busy
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Soperton, Ga. USA
Posts: 11,968
chip

Here you go.
__________________
Jim
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2017, 09:16 AM
oldsinner111's Avatar
love all animals
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bristol,tn
Posts: 5,121
maybe some at ebay.de too.Most tuner shops only deal with car's as old as 7 years.That sucks,as mercedes produce some good engines,worth rebuilding.
__________________
veteran,mother german,born in stuttgart,ashamed of what america has turned into,religous,and the right are fecal matter
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2017, 03:25 PM
#TRUMP2020
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 790
x2 for RocketChip, Jeff really knows his stuff. He's well known in the VW diesel community for his excellent TDI engine tunes. I'm planning to have him chip my '98 E300 here soon.

The w210's chips are not socketed from the factory unfortunately, so you have to ship your ECU to him, so that he can remove the factory chips and install sockets. Then he burns a set of his custom chips and plugs them into the sockets, and ships the ECU back to you.
__________________
1998 E300 turbodiesel

America's Rights and Freedoms Are Not The Enemy!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 169
Rocket Chip looks great. Thanks guys.
it's about 4 hours from my home in north Jersey.
I will plan an all day outing!


jz
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-14-2017, 07:00 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texafornia
Posts: 5,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkkk View Post
My 1999 turbodiesel E300 is such a great engine. I drove this car till 2007 then handed it down to my various children and it survives still. My youngest has it now.
I drove it over the weekend for the first time in maybe 6 years and was so impressed
So I plan to get the fender rust removed and have it repainted and plan to keep it in the family.
When I do the body I'd like to experiment with engine upgrades
Is there any plug in chip upgrades for this engine that can boost HP a bit?
Nothing crazy, maybe another 30 hp or so.
Also I hear of injection pump tweaks that add power. The Brits do a lot with of this stuff.
Any advice is appreciated
thanks


jz



Chip?


chips are obd1 kinda things, im pretty sure even benz's 96 newer are flash based operating systems.




Edit~ looks like they stayed old timey post 96 til.........................
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2017, 07:14 PM
#TRUMP2020
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by panZZer View Post
chips are obd1 kinda things, im pretty sure even benz's 96 newer are flash based operating systems.
Where'd you hear that? Most european cars used EEPROM chips well after OBD2. The flash based chips that are field programmable weren't until the late 2000's for most european cars. My wife's 2008 Volkswagen still uses EEPROM chips. VW didn't switch to flash until 2009.
__________________
1998 E300 turbodiesel

America's Rights and Freedoms Are Not The Enemy!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Simpler=Better's Avatar
Ham Shanker
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 2,467
Baldur's DSL1 is the creme de la creme:

https://controls.is/shop/dsl1
__________________
$60 OM617 Blank Exhaust Flanges
$110 OM606 Blank Exhaust Flanges
617.952-220k-Ported head, 2056V, No ALDA/SALSA
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-19-2018, 12:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by torsionbar View Post
Where'd you hear that? Most european cars used EEPROM chips well after OBD2. The flash based chips that are field programmable weren't until the late 2000's for most european cars. My wife's 2008 Volkswagen still uses EEPROM chips. VW didn't switch to flash until 2009.
By US Federal Law at least, EVERYTHING '96-newer (OBD2) is required to be flash programmable. Of course not everybody listened. We flash program all of the BMW stuff, and have various bench flashing rigs setup to do it on the bench, no need to have the car. I was shocked too when Jeff said chips had to be removed & replaced. I think it's more likely that most people don't have a flashing tool & checksumms for these ECU's than it can't be done.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page