Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog Tech Info Tech Forums
 
  Search our site:    
 Cart  | Project List | Order Status | Help    


Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > General Discussion > Open Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 207
Seems its no big deal to light a kid on fire as long as he is white

Redirect Notice wonder if Obama will be calling his parents to express his condolences, or if the race baiters Sharpton, Jackson, etc will be outraged and demand justice. Somehow I doubt it. Apparently only "White" people are capable of racism.
__________________
1984 300TD 1981 240D
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,270
Yeah, white people can never catch a break in this country.

President Obama commented on the Martin case in response to a direct question from a reporter. Obama: 'If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon' (1:53) - The Washington Post

I suspect that if he is asked about the case you've cited he will express regret about it. I doubt that he will call the boy's parents, especially since he hasn't called Martin's parents.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:49 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 1,038
I hope they catch the little bastards. Lock them away for a good long time. Takes a certain twisted mentality to set someone on fire. Those types of scares are for life, both mental and physical.

I wish they would not move. I understand why but that just means the thugs won.
__________________
1987 190E 2.3-16 187,XXX

1995 E300 Diesel 142,XXX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX SOLD

1977 MB 240D Stolen (RIP)

With out god, life is everything.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 665
A white kid attacked for not being black, and his last name is Coon??

You can't make up stuff like that....

Not sure why you would say "Seems its no big deal to light a kid on fire as long as he is white"

is the answer - TROLLING???
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 207
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kid+lit+on+fire&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F20 09%2FCRIME%2F10%2F13%2Fflorida.teen.burned%2Findex.html&ei=qytuT8fhLbT8iQLy3Ny6BQ&usg=AFQjCNHPrc8-v_rwxNr4-hfrxPKHluhjtQ Then there is this. Again no outrage from the usual suspects. If there where two incidents like the one in Sanford I'm sure Obama would call it an epidemic and declare marshall law. What is truly disgusting about these incidents is that the loss of a human life is being used to further an agenda, and further divide us.
__________________
1984 300TD 1981 240D
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-24-2012, 04:57 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
A white kid attacked for not being black, and his last name is Coon??

You can't make up stuff like that....

Not sure why you would say "Seems its no big deal to light a kid on fire as long as he is white"

is the answer - TROLLING???
I didn't see you play the trolling card on JR's thread? Maybe you are biased yourself.
__________________
1984 300TD 1981 240D
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:04 PM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 1,038
It appears the police had several people in CUSTODY in this case where as in the Martin case no one is in CUSTODY. Do you think that might have a little to do with the out rage? A kid is murdered (or at least so it seems) and the person who we know shot him was never arrested, never investigated and is not even on bail but free as a bird to do as he chooses at least for the time being. Do you think that might have something to do with the outrage?

I am not sure about the first case you cited as you did not provide any firther information.
__________________
1987 190E 2.3-16 187,XXX

1995 E300 Diesel 142,XXX

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX SOLD

1977 MB 240D Stolen (RIP)

With out god, life is everything.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10fords View Post
I didn't see you play the trolling card on JR's thread? Maybe you are biased yourself.
While his thread title could easily be interpreted as trolling, the substance of the story is compelling.

Your thread is a direct spin-off of his but 180 degrees opposite, lending itself to the trolling label much easier

Beyond that, the story you posted does not live up to the title. What you posted is a story about a hate crime committed by one race upon another, and the police are apparently investigating and have suspects. IOW, just more news of violence in our society. Although there was a racial element to the commission of the crime, it has not been amplified by potentially racial actions of the local law enforcement.
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:14 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10fords View Post
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kid+lit+on+fire&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CDgQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F20 09%2FCRIME%2F10%2F13%2Fflorida.teen.burned%2Findex.html&ei=qytuT8fhLbT8iQLy3Ny6BQ&usg=AFQjCNHPrc8-v_rwxNr4-hfrxPKHluhjtQ Then there is this. Again no outrage from the usual suspects. If there where two incidents like the one in Sanford I'm sure Obama would call it an epidemic and declare marshall law. What is truly disgusting about these incidents is that the loss of a human life is being used to further an agenda, and further divide us.
did you mean to say "What is truly disgusting about this thread is that the loss of a human life is being used to further an agenda, and further divide us" ???

Side note -
neither burn victim is dead
second story has no mention of a racial element
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:16 PM
chilcutt's Avatar
Anywhere I Roam
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 188
Third round late...the cornerman is saying..
'No mercy-no quarter-put him away-dont let him recover'.
__________________
CHILCUTT~
The secret to a long life. Is knowing when it is time to leave.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbdiesel View Post
did you mean to say "What is truly disgusting about this thread is that the loss of a human life is being used to further an agenda, and further divide us" ???

Side note -
neither burn victim is dead
second story has no mention of a racial element

You are making my point for me. And I guess it is okay with you since nobody died, just severely burned. My only agenda is to point out the hypocrisy of those who use race when it fits their purpose, but to ignore it when it doesn't. I am not aware of any incident where a white person who was a victim of black racism has gotten any personal attention from Obama, but there are several examples of his involvement when a black person has allegedly been a victim of racism. Personally I don't think it is in his job description to be involved in these things, and he only does it to further divide us as a nation, and distract people from the real issues he is failing at as a leader.
__________________
1984 300TD 1981 240D
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Inna-propriate-da-vida
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10fords View Post
[/COLOR][/B]
You are making my point for me. And I guess it is okay with you since nobody died, just severely burned. My only agenda is to point out the hypocrisy of those who use race when it fits their purpose, but to ignore it when it doesn't. I am not aware of any incident where a white person who was a victim of black racism has gotten any personal attention from Obama, but there are several examples of his involvement when a black person has allegedly been a victim of racism. Personally I don't think it is in his job description to be involved in these things, and he only does it to further divide us as a nation, and distract people from the real issues he is failing at as a leader.
It's not OK with me, burning someone is reprehensible. BUT, you were the one who lamented loss of life being used in the furthering of an agenda... I only pointed out that your examples do not involve loss of life.

Several examples? care to give examples besides the Zimmerman story?

What about Sandra Fluke? Granted, that was sexism rather than racism, but at least she's white...
__________________
On some nights I still believe that a car with the fuel gauge on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. - HST

1983 300SD - 305000
1984 Toyota Landcruiser - 190000
1994 GMC Jimmy - 203000
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10fords View Post
[/COLOR][/B]
You are making my point for me.
Quote:
And I guess it is okay with you since nobody died, just severely burned. My only agenda is to point out the hypocrisy of those who use race when it fits their purpose, but to ignore it when it doesn't. I am not aware of any incident where a white person who was a victim of black racism has gotten any personal attention from Obama, but there are several examples of his involvement when a black person has allegedly been a victim of racism. Personally I don't think it is in his job description to be involved in these things, and he only does it to further divide us as a nation, and distract people from the real issues he is failing at as a leader.
Regarding the Martin case, are you suggesting Obama should have refused to answer the reporter's question?

You are really swimming upstream here.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:12 PM
LaRondo's Avatar
Rondissimo
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Coast
Posts: 148
Oh boy, what's new in this country ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM
The Swede's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 235
Poor white people, always getting the shaft.
__________________
'14 Subaru WRX
'13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
'13 Orbea Carpe 9-speed

Currently Benzless
Formerly: 300TD, S600, E55, 560SEL

---= The forest breathes, listen.
-Native American elder
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page