Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 182
Question Front Left Tire Wear

my front left tire is wearing on the outside indy mechanic did my brakes and they are now solid....had the car on the lift and found that i have to do a couple of things...

1. tie rod ends
2. associated bushings

the thing that i do not know is the name of the part that runs from underneath the front spring straight is a solid bar on both sides

can anyone help with the name of the part and the bushings that go with it?

1987 420sel

thanks in advance


Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Worth TX
Posts: 151
Sounds like the guide rod. The guide rod bushing is at the rear of the guide rod and is probably worn if it hasn't been replaced in a long time. The car will need to go on the alignment rack if that part is replaced since the caster adjustment is on the bushing.

Erich Loepke
2010 Ford Focus
Currently Benz-less
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page