Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Tech Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: beaumont, texas
Posts: 226
87 300e breather hose

does anyone know what that skinny yellow tube that plugs into the breather hose is called? Mine broke. Does this have to be replaced or can i get away without replacing it?

Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 563
It connects the breather hose to the fuel pressure regulator. If it's yellow, I'm not surprised that it cracked. It should be closer to white. You can purchase it from the dealer by the meter. It's fairly cheap. Your engine will run fine without it, but it could cause fuel to leak onto your engine.

I broke mine also and haven't replaced it yet, although I keep meaning to get over to the dealer to buy the hose.

Oh, it's a vacuum hose.

Mike Heath
1988 560SL Black/Palomino
1988 300SEL Black Pearl/Burgandy
1984 500SEC Anthracite Grey/Palomino
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2024 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page