View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 12:20 PM

83 300D No Power To Blower

It's getting cold, so I decided to fix my heat. #1 problem, the blower doesn't work. I pulled it and it was a little stiff, so I lubed it and now a 9V battery spins it. However, there's no power to the blower. #8 fuse is good. There's also no power at the blower resistors.

Based on some information I found in this thread: http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/306300-blower-motor-not-working-1984-300td-wagon.html

I'll be testing the switch on the thermostat housing a little later. I'm guessing that it gets a reference voltage and is supposed to be open when cold and short when hot, or maybe the other way around. As long as it does something, I'll take that as an indication that it's good.

If that doesn't fix it, what do I look at next?

Also, if fixing it the "right" way doesn't work, how many amps does this thing draw so I know what gauge wire and how big of a fuse to use for the improvised repair?

83 300D Turbo with manual conversion, early W126 vented front rotors and H4 headlights 400,xxx miles
08 Suzuki GSX-R600 M4 Slip-on 22,xxx miles
88 Jaguar XJS V12 94,xxx miles. Work in progress.