View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 11:41 PM
ROLLGUY

Testing started today!

I got the blower to work by replacing the CCU with one from a 123. I know it is not the correct one, but it does make the blower work while I take apart the 126 unit and solder the bad joints. I had to do something this morning before my appointment at the A/C shop to get the vac and charge done. I got there at 2:00, and Chris hooked up the machine and did the vac and charge:

After it was all done, he checked for leaks. BUMMER, he found a tiny leak in one of the welds on the hose fitting he made last week. He had to recover the 2.4 pounds of 134A, and I removed the hose so he could repair it. He had to replace the entire section of hose, and re-weld the offending fitting. After mounting the hose, vac and charge, the A/C is blowing cold with the Sanden compressor! I am sure the 123 CCU is different, as I only have air (albeit cold!) coming out the defroster vents, and the footwell. I am now ready to test it for a week or so (and give the 300CD a rest) before making the production parts. The plates should be done by Wednesday, so I will start welding them on Friday if everything tests good- Hooray!