View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
ROLLGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4_Welder View Post
I can have five of the speciied transmissions here tomorrow, for less than $500 each. The rebuild kit is $300.
Even with that price ($800 max), it is cheaper than an MB 5 speed (if you could find one). However, adding the adapter ($1250 regular price), and the added fabrication needed (don't forget about the clutch parts), the cost still seems higher than other options available. I am sure I can find a complete MB 5 speed setup for less than $2,000. Most other options that I have seen are looking better. Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying that your way is a bad idea or anything like that. I am sure that trans is near bullet proof (being behind a supercharged V8, it would have to be), but most all of us are looking for near bolt-in, inexpensive options for a 5 speed behind our Diesels (+ I like many others, am a cheapskate!) . Working options I have heard of are: cutting and welding the bell from a 617 trans to a 190 5 speed, reworking a BMW trans (adapter and/or cut and weld the bell), T-5 with Chevy bell and adapter. I am sure there are others, and I will add the AX15 to the list when it is complete (I will start a new thread).