View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 12:52 PM
ROLLGUY

After reading 2 pages of banter about MPG on cars other than a 240D, can we get back to JB3's topic?
This is my real world experience with 240D MPG. I have owned several 240D's, and have checked the MPG often. I also have been running them on WVO blend, and everyone knows that lower MPG for WVO than with pump Diesel is common. The times I have checked the mileage, I have filled up in the same spot on my driveway, filled to the same level in the tank (gurgling at the top of filler neck), and calculating the actual miles driven. I have a 20 gallon portable container with one gallon graduations on the side. My real world experience with the manual 240D's run on WVO blend that I have taken the time to calculate the MPG on has been thus: worst MPG-20, best MPG-32 (long freeway cruise on one full tank), average MPG-24. I am sure those numbers would increase if I was running pump Diesel, but by how much, I don't know. I also "drive it like I stole it" most of the time. As they say "your mileage may vary"......Rich