View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 11:47 AM
ROLLGUY

I was going to suggest that the problem might be the fan clutch, but read that it was replaced. What brand did you use? It is hard to believe, but most of them are made in China, even from German name brands. My radiator/A/C shop guys have tried them all, and none are as good as those gotten from Autozone (believe it or not). They are actually US made (USMW= US Motor Works), and are more aggressive than any other brand. I always use this test on fan clutches: With the car warmed up, wrap your fingers with a rag and try to stop the fan while the engine is idling. If you can stop and hold the fan (on a real bad one you can actually fling it the opposite way!), the clutch is bad. Yes, you can even get a bad new one out of the box.
You may also know this, but for other's benefit: these cooling systems need to be filled up from the top radiator hose, as well as in the expansion tank. I usually get a little less than a gallon in the expansion tank, and at least another gallon through the top hose (in a completely empty system).