View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 12:07 AM
ROLLGUY

Update:

I got the module back from Module Master and installed it. The cost with return shipping was $476. I did not think I could bleed the brakes properly myself, so I bit the bullet and paid my local Euro auto repair to do it. I have Auto Club, so the towing was covered. They had a problem with the communication between their computer and the SBC unit, so it took a long time. They originally quoted me about $160, but that was just for a flush job. They called back after the car was delivered and told me it would be $207. Of course I did not want to pay that much for a brake bleed job, but because of the problem with the system, it cost more. I was told by the rebuilder that the actuation count was reset, and that all that needed to be done was install the module and bleed using STAR DAS. However, the technician tried the sequence several times before it finally took. That in turn used more brake fluid, and cost more. They even tried to charge more than the $207, but I set them straight with the price I was given when the called and said the car was done. If I ever need this type of service again, I am definitely not taking my car there! Also, for some reason the rear ABS does not work. Upon test driving the car, the rear wheels would skid on heavy braking. I know the brakes worked fine before replacing the module, so I have no idea why the brakes are acting this way now. Anyone have any ideas?