View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 12:01 PM
ROLLGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.g.cameron View Post
I'm not getting any cold A/C at the moment, so I'm planning to do some diagnostic work.

Last time I had it filled at a shop, they said "high side a little too high, low side a little too high". They suggested the condenser could be replaced. The compressor was replaced 3 years ago.

I'm wondering what else I should do "While You're in There (WYIN)"?
- Condenser
- Expansion valve (where is this on the car?)
- Receiver / Dryer?
- Any extra o-rings?

Any other components?

Bruce
You asked if any other components needed to be replaced "While You're in There".
Now that you know you have a leak, I would suggest a complete system rebuild. In my world that consists of a Sanden retrofit, all rubber hoses replaced (no need to replace the liquid line), condenser, and of course drier, pressure switch, and TXV. After removing all the old components, the evaporator should be flushed, as well as the remaining liquid line. All the new components installed with the drier uncapped and hooked up LAST. Drain compressor of all it's oil unless it already has Ester oil in it. Then pressurize the system with a dry gas and check for leaks using soap and water solution. Pull a good vacuum, and then charge with your refrigerant of choice. R134a is adequate with a parallel flow condenser, but R12 would be better with either the factory tube and fin, or P.F. condenser. If you want to roll the dice on an R4 (new or reman), I suggest all the above (except the Sanden of course) and R12.

Last edited by ROLLGUY; 05-20-2018 at 12:33 PM.