View Single Post
Old 06-26-2020, 12:53 PM
ROLLGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry12345 View Post
Just my opinion again. Make certain the injection pump and lift pump are okay before anything else. Or pay primary attention to the obvious issue you see.

There is fuel being blown out visually and probably internally . The head gasket may be bad or not.

To get into that area before determining the other to me is kind of counterproductive. I really can not think of any way that an engine can discharge fuel. Other than a mist out of an open glow plug hole.

Another clue was when you crank there was no fuel coming out the injector lines. So where was the fuel you saw coming from?

I noticed you did mention the lift pumps cost. Has it tested bad already? Testing saves money. As well as locates issues.

I am far from infallible. Yet first things first are more logical. Get the fuel system fixed. Change the oil and see how the engine runs.
From reading and thinking about this, I wholeheartedly agree. Yes you may have a head gasket issue, but the overarching problem seems to be the fuel in the oil, as well as fuel where it shouldn't be (outside of the fuel system).